World class performers will share their artistry and expertise with local young talent. The Cayman Arts Festival is set to begin later this month. The London Philharmonic Orchestra’s brass soloists, violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn, samba band Mokhtar, and 11 year-old music prodigy Joey Alexander all are set to perform at this year’s festival.
In addition to their performances, each musical guest will hosts workshops with school children of Cayman. Organisers say “education is at the core of the the festival.” Since the festival began in 2004 more than 1,500 students have attended workshops or master classes with visiting artists.
This year all workshops will take place at St. Ignatius school. All schools are welcome to attend all workshops. Students will need to bring their instruments as there will participation elements within the workshops. Teachers are asked to notify St. Ignatius of the number of students that will attend, by emailing email@example.com.
Young jazz prodigy, Joey Alexander will host a special educational performance at First Baptist.
For information about the workshops and the festival visit www.caymanartsfestival.com.
Cayman Arts Festival
- 18 February – London Philharmonic Orchestra
- 19 February – The Red Violin screening
- 20 February – Elizabeth Pitcairn
- 22 February – CAF & Visual Arts Society
- 23 February – Rising Stars
- 24 February – CAF & The National Gallery
- 25 February – The Joey Alexander Jazz Trio
- 26 February – Mokhtar Samba