Cayman’s first comprehensive traffic count in 17 years quantifies the high volume of vehicles rolling into George Town each weekday from the east and north.
Earlier this year, a Mexico-based engineering firm won the $140,000 contract to count vehicles, analyse vehicles types, turning patterns, average speed and more. The figures were released by the National Roads Authority on Wednesday (28 September).
Data collected by both automated and manual counters show the highest average weekday traffic volume occurring on Shamrock Road at Selkirk Drive in Red Bay. The highest volume locations in the report, released by the National Roads Authority, are:
– Shamrock Road west of Selkirk Drive – 37,865 vehicles
– Crewe Road south of Linford Pierson Hwy. roundabout – 33,820
– Crewe Road west of Agnes Way – 29.540
– West Bay Road south of Lawrence Blvd. – 29,035
– North Sound Road south of Godfrey Nixon Way – 28,015