The murder on Monday (28 November) of Damean Seymour marked only the second shooting death of 2016, but the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service continues to investigate a rash of violent incidents, some of which may be connected to the only other murder of the year to-date.
Justin Manderson, 24, was shot dead on 1 October along West Bay Road, near Nectar Lounge where several other violence incidents had occurred during the prior year.
- 25 October – Shots were fired at a home on Watercourse Road in West Bay.
- 30 October – A man was beaten at Public Beach and threatened with a gun. Another man was arrested.
- 31 October – A shot was fired into a home on Birch Tree Hill Road.
- 1 November – Two men fired gunshots into Super C restaurant, wounding at least two people.
- 1 November – A man was beaten at a jerk stand on Birch Tree Hill Road by approximately six others.
- 2 November – Three people were arrested in Prospect and an officer needed to shoot and kill a dog that had been released at police.
- 9 November – A fight on Duxies Lane in West Bay ended with a man firing a shot outside a home.
- 13 November – A fight at Birch Tree Hill Road and Reverend Blackman Road led police to confiscate two machetes. One man was arrested and another was treated for injuries.
There have been at least two other cases this year of people being shot and wounded in isolated, apparently unrelated incidents.