The Department of Environmental Health said on Friday (16 November), the delay to the collection of bulk waste is the fault of residents, not the collectors or the department.
The DEH said the collectors were delayed on their rounds between North Side and East End, because they had to return to areas where collection had already taken place.
On Friday (16 November) in the LA, the department was criticised further, by the Health Minister.
“The DEH has been plagued by various issues disrupting service. The most notable area is solid waste section collection unit, which continues to experience periodic delays with residential and commercial pick-ups,” Hon. Dwayne Seymour said.
The DEH is reminding residents to put their bulk waste out before their scheduled collection date, which can be found on the department website.