News Weather

Wet weather in store for Cayman Islands this week

 

Synopsis

 

Cloudiness and showers along with light to moderate easterly winds and seas will continue across the Cayman area for the next 24 hours as an upper level low lingers over the western Caribbean. Radar images show scattered showers in and around the Cayman area which are moving towards the west.

 
 

 

 
 
  • Mon

    Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with a 40% chance of showers and some thunder today, Cloudy skies with a 60% chance of showers and some thunder tonight. Showers may become locally heavy at times.

    88°F
    77°F
    FORECAST

    Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with a 40% chance of showers and some thunder today, Cloudy skies with a 60% chance of showers and some thunder tonight. Showers may become locally heavy at times.

    WINDS

    East to northeast 10 to 15 knots today, 5 to 10 knots tonight. Higher gusts are expected in and around heavy showers.

    SEA STATE

    Slight to moderate with wave heights of 2 to 4 feet.

  • Tue

    Cloudy to overcast skies with an 80% chance showers and some thunder. Showers may becoming heavy at times leading to possible flooding of low lying areas.

    86°F
    75°F
    FORECAST

    Cloudy to overcast skies with an 80% chance showers and some thunder. Showers may becoming heavy at times leading to possible flooding of low lying areas.

    WINDS

    Southeast 10 to 15 knots today, 5 to 10 knots tonight. Higher gusts are expected in and around heavy showers

    SEA STATE

    Moderate with wave heights of 3 to 5 feet.

  • Wed

    Cloudy skies with an 60% chance showers and some thunder. Showers may becoming heavy at times leading to possible flooding of low lying areas.

    87°F
    75°F
    FORECAST

    Cloudy skies with an 60% chance showers and some thunder. Showers may becoming heavy at times leading to possible flooding of low lying areas.

    WINDS

    Southeast 10 to 15 knots with higher gusts.

    SEA STATE

    Moderate with wave heights of 3 to 5 feet.

  • Thu

    Partly cloudy skies with cloudy spells and a 40% chance showers and possible thunder.

    87°F
    76°F
    FORECAST

    Partly cloudy skies with cloudy spells and a 40% chance showers and possible thunder.

    WINDS

    Southeast 10 to 15 knots today, 5 to 10 knots tonight

    SEA STATE

    Moderate with wave heights of 3 to 5 feet.

  • Fri

    Partly cloudy skies with a 30% chance showers and possible thunder.

    89°F
    79°F
    FORECAST

    Partly cloudy skies with a 30% chance showers and possible thunder.

    WINDS

    Southeast 10 to 15 knots.

    SEA STATE

    Slight to moderate with wave heights of 2 to 4 feet.

About the author

Joe Avary

Joe Avary

Joe Avary has been with Cayman 27 since 2014. He brings 20 years in television experience to the job, working hard every day to bring the people of Cayman stories that inform the public and make a difference in the community. Joe hopes his love for the Cayman Islands shines through in his informative and entertaining weather reports. If you have a story idea for Joe or just want to say hello, call him at 324-2141 or send an email to josephavary@hurleysmedia.ky

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment
Tanya’s Kitchen
Eclipze Generic
Kirk Freeport – June 2019
%d bloggers like this: