There’s changes coming to speed limits country wide.
From Monday (7 March) in some places the National Roads Authority has announced an increase to limits, but in most, its decreases.
The biggest change is from central George Town, the whole of West Bay road through to public beach, will drop from 40 miles an hour, to 25 m.p.h.
A full list of the changes are:
1. Sections in West Bay from 25MPH to 30MPH.
2. Esterley Tibbetts Highway connection to Willie Farrington Drive from 25 MPH to 35 MPH.
3. West Bay Road from Central George Town to the Public Beach from 40MPH to 25MPH.
4. North Sound Road/Thomas Russell Way from Bobby Thompson to Butterfield Roundabout from 25MPH to 35MPH.
5. Crewe Road between the Silver Oaks and DMS Rdbt from 25MPH to 30 MPH
6. Shamrock Road near Prospect between Red Bay Roundabout and Dr. Tomlinson Roundabout from 25MPH to 30MPH
7. Hirst Road in Savannah from Countryside to the end from 25MPH to 30MPH.
8. Anton Bodden Road from 25MPH to 30MPH.
9. Austin Connolly Drive near the Morritz from 50MPH to 35MPH.