Two men are expected to make court appearances Friday (1 April) on charges related to a West Bay burglary last week.
The suspects, ages 18 and 21, are both from West Bay, according to police, and accused of a break-in in the vicinity of Uncle Jimmy Lane on 24 March. A police statement says the two were arrested on Wednesday (30 March) based on evidence gathered from the burglary scene.
Police have not recovered the items that were allegedly stolen, and they are asking for the public’s help in finding the items or gathering more information about the case. The missing items are:
– Flat-screen 32-inch Seiki television
– Laptop cooler with vacuum fan
– iPhone 4 and charging cable
– Rain coat suit: black pants, red jacket
– Assorted diving gear including O’Neill dive gloves and lights, a GoPRO dual battery charger, wrist mount and rechargeable battery, and two Finger Reel dive spools.
Police at the West Bay CID can be reached on 649-3999. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can also call the Miami-based call centre of Crime Stoppers through a local telephone number, 800-TIPS (8477), or click here to submit an anonymous tip online.