C3 Pure Fibre
Premier League
News

Hot load causes fire

A fire broke out in a garbage truck Tuesday (24 January) morning.

According to government, the truck’s operators inadvertently picked up garbage that included hot materials from a commercial bin in George Town. The load began smouldering and was dumped on the road before it ignited.

Firefighters and Department of Environmental Health crews made it to the scene shortly after to put out the fire. Nobody was injured in the incident.

The Department of Environmental Health is requesting the public properly ensure that hot materials are extinguished before disposal.

Tags

About the author

Philipp Richter

Philipp Richter

Philipp Richter was born in Austria and moved to the Cayman Islands at the age of three. Throughout his life, he has always enjoyed documenting his surroundings with cameras. Studying television broadcasting and communications, he now can show the reality of life in Grand Cayman to the public.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment
Cleveland Clinic 2
Kirk Freeport1
Clean Gas
Baptist Health International 300×250 – Side
Cleveland Clinic
Eclipze
Advertise With Us

Subscribe Today

Please fill out the information below to Subscribe to Hurleys Media LTD. This will allow you to post comments on articles, get notifications on upcoming events and MORE!
Email address
Favorite Radio Station(s)
Spam free & Secure :)
%d bloggers like this: