An iguana triggered a scare in the Bodden Town area this morning (30 May) as residents in the Carlton Road area reported hearing an explosion prompting calls to the emergency services.
At 9:26 this morning, CUC got the call that power was out in the area.
Fire Services confirmed an iguana caused a short circuit in an electrical transformer which blew up the switch.
Bodden Town resident Emile Levy said it’s high time the invasive green iguana problem is dealt with.
“Now we know that we should get rid of these iguanas, all of our efforts should be put towards getting rid of the invasive species, they’re not originally from the Cayman Islands,” said Mr. Levy.
CUC said the power was restored to the area by 10.30 a.m.